2003/03/03

Samizdat II

And from the same (1986) file, a better effort:
SONNET 2

Susana looks at me with quiet eyes
then takes my words and reads them with a frown;
will she find worth in that which I despise?
Without a word she puts the papers down.
I watch and wonder what it is she's seen
and take her silence as the worst critique
of all I've written as she sits serene
and I, atremble, am afraid to speak.

I would not trust her judgment or my own
if everything I wrote won her applause,
but still that doesn't mean that I condone
her frank delineation of its flaws.
So naturally she's still. What could she say?
Since really all I want to hear's "Hurray!"
What are "Samizdat Publications"?

Just me and my word processor, trying to write as truthfully and forcefully as I (we) can, without regard for marketability. If you like it, if you hate it, if you'd like to see future samizdat productions, if you'd like to contribute something for reproduction and mailing, or if you have any other comments or writings of your own you'd like to share, please write to:

Geoffrey Fox
14 E. 4th Street, Apt. 812
New York, NY 10012